Our response to the Francis Report
This statement is being made by Hinchingbrooke Health Care NHS Trust in response to the Francis report into the significant failings at Mid Staffordshire hospital. The Trust recognises that the report found failings at all levels of Mid Staffordshire Trust and promises to review the findings and recommendations in their entirety.
We have selected a team of people who will be responsible for overseeing the actions we take. Our priority is to promote a culture where our patients, doctors, nurses and managers work together to continue to strive to make sure our hospital is one of the safest in the country.
Given the findings of the report produced by Robert Francis the Trust undertakes to provide the following commitment to our patients and staff:
- We are considering the Francis report recommendations in their entirety and will take forward those appropriate to us in a responsive and timely way.We will always listen to our patients and staff to continually strengthen our services and ensure we learn from what happened at Mid Staffordshire.
- We will not tolerate inappropriate behaviour that we would not expect for ourselves or our loved ones.
- We will continue to build a culture of safety and compassion through our ‘Stop the Line and ‘Patient First’ programmes.
- We will at all times be open and honest with our patients and if things, regrettably don’t go according to plan, we will hold ourselves to account.
- We commit to ensure that we deliver services in accordance with the regulatory framework as the regulatory and professional bodies state their intentions in relation to the recommendations.
- We will work with our staff and the public to ensure our plans are responsive to our patient’s needs and publish progress via our Board reports on this website.