Hinchingbrooke Healthcare NHS Trust, Diabetes Team provides a wide range of services for patients with both Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes. Our hospital was one of the first to launch ‘Think Glucose’ an NHS Diabetes initiative to improve the care of patients with diabetes when in hospital.
We run weekly consultant outpatients clinics for Patients with Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes, supported by a diabetes specialist nurse and diabetes dietician, as well as five nurse led clinics a week and two Specialist Diabetes dietician clinics.
Our consultants also hold community clinics in Doddington, Ely and take part in local Virtual clinics with local Practitioners.
Services we offer:
- Rapid access nurse clinic, including preconception clinic.
- Dedicated diabetes foot clinic with specialist Podiatrist, once a week, rapid access service and Total contact cast service.
- Specialists’ weekly MDT clinics for Diabetes in pregnancy (for people with Type 1, & Type 2), gestational diabetes.
- Joint adolescents/adults clinic to ensure a smooth transition from paediatric to adult services.
- DAFNE (Dose adjustment for normal eating) courses for Type 1 Diabetes.
- We have an insulin pump service for patients with Type 1 and we run two multidisciplinary pump clinics a month & Continuous Glucose Monitoring (CGM) Service.
- Offer telephone support for patients attending outpatient clinic.
- We have a dedicated team of inpatient Specialist Nurses Supporting patients with Diabetes in hospital and aim to screen all patients with diabetes for foot problems.
|General enquiries||01480 416416|